Monday, January 17, 2011

Ruffled Scarf...

The best intentions -- my intentions were to post at least 5 days a week -- but with 2 sick kids and a busy week - those plans changed.

In the last week I think I've made 4 ruffled scarves.  Inspired by Creative Little Daisy:  http://creativelittledaisy.typepad.com/creative_little_daisy/2011/01/i-hereby-award-myself.html ; tutorial for scarves here:  http://justanotherhangup.blogspot.com/2010/12/easy-peasy-scarf.html .


Each scarf took only about 15 minutes and is so cute.  I get complements whenever I wear it.  I added a singed flower to the scarf - inspired also by Creative Little Daisy -- tutorial here:  http://creativelittledaisy.typepad.com/creative_little_daisy/2010/12/singed-fabric-flowers-a-little-how-to.html .  I made a smaller version of the singed flower and glued it to a hair clip for my daughter's hair.  Turned out great!  One of these days I'll remember to take pictures of all the things I  make!

2 comments:

  1. Your flower is beautiful!! Isn't that a fun, easy scarf to make.
    I made one just yesterday. Have you ever sewn with elastic thread in the bobbin? I did that so the ruffles would have a little spring and prevent the threads from breaking if the scarf gets tugged on. I followed the same method, only using the elastic thread.
    My sister-in-law would go crazy for that scarf, she loves bright green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Autum! I've never sew with elastic thread before...did it hold better for you than the regular thread? I've been using the tri-motion stitch and it seems to hold pretty well. I'm actually making 6 more of these today - in deep gray with big red flowers (go Buckeyes!) for my 6 neighbors who are coming over tomorrow for an evening of crafting.

    ReplyDelete