Thursday, January 6, 2011

Glass Etching

I just love glass etching!  There are so many neat things you can etch!  A couple of months ago for my friends birthday I made her this gift:


She has 2 children - ages 6 and 7 - so I traced their handprint onto contact paper - then cut it out.  I put the contact paper on the glass candle holder - one hand on each side - then thickly spread the etching cream over the rest of the glass.  I also cut the year out of contact paper to etch into the bottom, so she would know what year it was when she received this.  I put a candle in the middle then put a small bag of beach glass around the bottom of the candle.  When the candle burns down a bit it will glow through their handprints.  I thought it turned out so cute! 





I already had the etching cream, sponge brush and contact paper on  hand - I purchased the candle, glass candle holder and beach glass all from Michaels - with sales and coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment