Friday, January 7, 2011

Hull-Free Carmel Corn

Today I made one of my kids favorite snacks....Hull-Free Carmel Corn...so delicious!  I got the recipe from my sister in law.  She often makes this at Christmas as a gift for her kids teachers.


the recipe:
bring to a boil:  1/2 cup light Karo
1 cup butter (don't use margarine - it won't taste the same)
1 cup brown sugar

boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat - stir in 1 teaspoon baking soda.  Make sure you have this in a large pan - as it will expand when you add the baking soda (learned the  hard way on this one!).

Spray large  baking pan (I use a large foil roasting pan) with non stick cooking spray.  Pour in 1 bag (7oz) Mike-Sell's Puffcorn Delites - original (I got mine at Walmart this week for $1.50/bag).  Pour caramel mixture over top and stir well to coat.  Bake at 250 for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.  If it seems like it's getting too dark, turn the heat down a bit.  Pour onto waxed paper to cool and break apart.

I occasionally make this when my neighbors and I get together for our crafting night  - and it's a huge hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment