Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Re-Purposed Jeans

A few weeks ago I was getting ready to have my neighbors over for a crafting  night (6 of us neighbors get together every couple of months and spend a nice long evening crafting together in my basement).  I decided to raid hubby's closet for jeans that no longer fit and went to town re-purposing them.  I made trash bags for each of us (for dry trash only).  They turned out great!


Each pair of jeans made 2 trash bags.  I lined them with fabric I had in my stash.  I filled the pocket with rice and sewed it shut, then hot glued non skid drawer liner to the back to keep it from sliding off the table.  They all stayed on the table the entire 5 hours we were crafting.  I like that I can use the pocket for a pin cushion also if needed.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea!! I need to make one of these to hold those bits of thread that get everywhere when I'm sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Autum! That's what I use mine for! I actually can get it pretty full of fabric scraps and thread - and it stays put!

    ReplyDelete